BMI are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service in the future. We do not send unsolicited mail and give you the opportunity to refuse marketing email from us. We never pass any of your information to third parties without first gaining your explicit consent.
Information we need:
Security of personal information:
When you enter credit card information to the BMI web site our secure servers ensure that all details are encrypted at your browser before they are sent to us. During the order process we store your personal details on in-house secure servers. We store credit card details separately on servers that are not reachable from the internet. The servers are physically secured under a locking system.
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires us, as registered Data Controllers, to be open about our holding and use of personal data. It also entitles individuals to find out from us what personal data is held about them on computer, to have that information corrected or erased if it is inaccurate, and to claim compensation if they can prove they have suffered damage from an inaccuracy or breach of security. BMI is committed to upholding the eight Data Protection Principles of good information handling practice.
The Data Protection Principles
As Registered data controllers, we must comply with the Data Protection Principles in relation to the personal data we hold. Broadly they state that personal data shall:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully
- Be processed only for limited purposes which are described in the register entry
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which they are held
- Be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Be held no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which they are held
- Be processed in accordance with the data subjects rights
- Be surrounded by proper security
- Not be transferred to countries outside the EEA without adequate protection